- Current research interests
- My research examines changes in ideologies of class and ethnicity within Indigenous and popular movements in Latin America during the twentieth century. I am also working on a new project on the FBI in Latin America.
- The FBI in Latin America (Durham: Duke University Press, forthcoming).
- Twentieth-Century Latin American Revolutions (Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc., forthcoming).
- ¡Pachakutik! Movimientos indígenas, proyectos políticos y disputas electorales en el Ecuador (Quito: FLACSO/Editorial Abya Yala, 2015).
- Rethinking Latin American Social Movements: Radical Action from Below, edited with Richard Stahler-Sholk and Harry E. Vanden (Lanham MD: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 2014).
- Indigenous and Afro-Ecuadorians Facing the Twenty-First Century (Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2013).
- Cases of Exclusion and Mobilization of Race and Ethnicities in Latin America (Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2013).
- Associate editor, Native Peoples of the World: An encyclopedia of groups, cultures, and contemporary issues (Armonk, NY: M.E. Sharpe, Inc., 2013).
- José Carlos Mariátegui: An Anthology, edited and translated with Harry Vanden (Kharagpur, West Bengal, India: Cornerstone Publications, 2013).
- José Carlos Mariátegui: An Anthology, edited and translated with Harry Vanden (New York: Monthly Review Press, 2011).
- Pachakutik: Indigenous Movements and Electoral Politics in Ecuador (Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc., 2011; updated paperbacked edition, 2012).
- Historia agraria y social de Cayambe, co-authored with Silvia Tutillo (Quito: FLACSO - Abya Yala, 2009). Download PDF of book
- Indians and Leftists in the Making of Ecuador’s Modern Indigenous Movements (Durham, Duke University Press, 2008).
- Global Democracy and the World Social Forums, co-authored with Jackie Smith, Marina Karides, Marc Becker, Dorval Brunelle, Christopher Chase-Dunn, Donatella della Porta, Rosalba Icaza, Jeffrey Juris, Lorenzo Mosca, Ellen Reese, Peter Jay Smith, Rolando Vázquez (Boulder, CO: Paradigm Publishers, 2008; 2d 2014 edition).
- Highland Indians and the State in Modern Ecuador, co-edited with A. Kim Clark (Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh Press, 2007).
- Mariátegui and Latin
American Marxist Theory, Latin American Series, No. 20 (Athens, Ohio: Ohio University
Monographs in International Studies, 1993).
- Articles and book chapters
- I have published the results of my research in leading peer-review journals.
- Fellowships and awards
- A list of the grants,
fellowships, and awards I have received, including the SSRC-MacArthur, Fulbright Scholar Program, AHA Beveridge, FLAS language fellowships, and others.
- Papers I have
presented and sessions I have organized at academic conferences such as the Latin American
Studies Association (LASA), Social Science History Association (SSHA), and Conference on Latin
American History (CLAH), including abstracts and the full texts of several of these papers.
Talks and lectures
- I frequently present talks on areas of my expertise, including popular movements and ethnicity in Latin America.
| Marc Becker's Home Page
| email@example.com |