- Current research interests
- My research examines changes in ideologies of class and ethnicity within Indigenous and popular movements in Latin America during the twentieth century.
- José Carlos Mariátegui: An Anthology, edited and translated with Harry Vanden (New York: Monthly Review Press, 2011).
- Pachakutik: Indigenous Movements and Electoral Politics in Ecuador (Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc., 2011; updated paperbacked edition, 2012).
- Historia agraria y social de Cayambe, co-authored with Silvia Tutillo (Quito: FLACSO - Abya Yala, 2009). Download PDF of book
- Indians and Leftists in the Making of Ecuador’s Modern Indigenous Movements (Durham, Duke University Press, 2008).
- Highland Indians and the State in Modern Ecuador, co-edited with A. Kim Clark (Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh Press, 2007).
- Global Democracy and the World Social Forums, co-authored with Jackie Smith, Marina Karides, Marc Becker, Dorval Brunelle, Christopher Chase-Dunn, Donatella della Porta, Rosalba Icaza, Jeffrey Juris, Lorenzo Mosca, Ellen Reese, Peter Jay Smith, Rolando Vázquez (Boulder, CO: Paradigm Publishers, 2008).
- Mariátegui and Latin
American Marxist Theory, Latin American Series, No. 20 (Athens, Ohio: Ohio University
Monographs in International Studies, 1993).
- Articles and book chapters
- I have published the results of my research in leading peer-review journals.
- Fellowships and awards
- A list of the grants,
fellowships, and awards I have received, including the SSRC-MacArthur, Fulbright Scholar Program, AHA Beveridge, FLAS language fellowships, and others.
- Papers I have
presented and sessions I have organized at academic conferences such as the Latin American
Studies Association (LASA), Social Science History Association (SSHA), and Conference on Latin
American History (CLAH), including abstracts and the full texts of several of these papers.
Talks and lectures
- I frequently present talks on areas of my expertise, including popular movements and ethnicity in Latin America.
| Marc Becker's Home Page
| email@example.com |