Los 16 puntos
- Declaration of Ecuador as a “plurinational state.”
- Grants of land and legalization of territories for the nationalities.
- Solutions to the problems of water and irrigation.
- Absolution of debts to FODERUMA and the National Development Bank.
- Freezing of consumer prices.
- Conclusion of priority projects in the communities.
- Non-payment of rural land taxes.
- Expulsion of the Summer Language Institute, in accordance with
the 1981 decree.
- Free importation and exportation of commercial and
artisan products for CONAIE members.
- Control, protection, and development of archeological
sites under the supervision of CONAIE.
- Legal recognition and funding by the state of
- Cancellation of decrees that created parallel
institutions to local governments.
- Immediate granting of budgeted funds for
- Permanent funding of bilingual education.
- Real respect for the rights of the child,
- The fixing of fair prices for farm
products and free access to markets.
Source: "Gobierno contestó punto por punto los pedidos indígenas," Hoy (Quito),
June 29, 1990, 5A.
| e-archivo ecuatoriano
| Marc Becker's Home Page | firstname.lastname@example.org |